Candidate calls NAACP 'terrorists'

p schultz uqbart at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 3 16:50:31 PST 2002

Oh, South Carolina. Too small to be a republic and too big to be an insane asylum, as we say down here.

I might be worried if Rebekah Sutherland weren't such a total loon. But I couldn't parody right-wingers better than her website does. Check it out if you're worried about Marxist-Leninist school administrators, the secret evils of daylight savings time, microchip implants, or forced genital exams ...

http://www.rebsutherland.com/

That said, it's embarassing that a sizeable number of South Carolinians will agree with her on the flag, especially in the very conservative upstate.

For what it's worth, anyone who wants this State to know that such comments are just one more reason to spend money elsewhere can contact the Office of the Governor at 803-734-9400 or the State Tourism Office at 803-734-0169 (R. Moke McGowan, Tourism Division Director) or 803-734-0129 (Diane L. Fleming)

Paul Schultz Columbia, SC