Bill Gates takes rich to task

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 13:25:14 PST 2002

And according to the Times of India, Bono had this to say about the drug companies:

"I don't think they (the big pharmaceutical companies) are the bete noir that all my friends think. I think they need to make profits, we need to do research," Bono said.

> [from a WEF press release]
>
> At 12:15 PM -0500 2/4/02, Charles McLean, Director,
> Communications,
> World Economic Forum wrote:
>
> >Turning to the challenges to corporate power by
> demonstrators on the New
> >York streets during the Annual Meeting, Gates said:
> "It's a healthy thing
> >there are demonstrators in the streets. We need a
> discussion about whether
> >the rich world is giving back what it should in the
> developing world. I
> >think there is a legitimate question whether we
are."

===== Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ICQ: 8616001 http://www.yaysoft.com