Bill Gates takes rich to task

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Feb 4 13:35:38 PST 2002

Kevin Robert Dean wrote:

>And according to the Times of India, Bono had this to
>say about the drug companies:
>
>"I don't think they (the big pharmaceutical companies)
>are the bete noir that all my friends think. I think
>they need to make profits, we need to do research,"
>Bono said.

That's not the way I remember it - they need to make profits so they can do the research. He also uttered a lot of crap about not pitting good guys against bad guys, since we all need to work together, etc.

Funny, though, that you have to rely on an Indian paper to report what went on in midtown Manhattan.

Doug