bad nooz for Dems

virgil tibbs sheik_of_encino at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 08:33:24 PST 2002

Doug, you are correct, though I think Nathan's point about Nader's rhetoric also is well-taken. In selling himself to voters, Nader repeatedly claimed that there was not a bit of difference between the Ds and the Rs.

Bush's ridiculous energy and tax policies were well in place BEFORE 9-11. Can any of you imagine any human being this side of Stalin being worse at DOJ than Ashcroft? Look at the recent edict re the status of fetus. Look at the appointments of Abrams and Reich, of Scalia, and just wait till we get to the Supremes.

I think it is true that Gore was not deserving of the progressive vote, but it is equally true that there was a far greater difference betwen Gore and Bush and Nader KNEW it. And, in that regard, Nader proved himself just like every other politician -- say whatever it takes to get elected.

eric