Eurodollars (abd Negri)

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Tue Feb 5 13:02:55 PST 2002

Eurodollars (abd Negri) Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:08:47 -0800 (PST) From: Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.

Thanks to Daniel and Alessandro for their informative remarks. It is ironic that this great boon to capitalists was started by the Soviets...or I think more precisely, it was originally started by the Chinese who took their dollars out of American banks and put them into Soviet banks (in Paris and London, I believe) because the US was freezing their accounts after 1949 (may be mistaken about this though).

As should be clear by now, I am quite interested in Negri's thesis and so am researching this move by Big Capital towards "statelessness". I mean, that is what eurodollars are, this stateless money, that defies any central bank's regulation.

^^^^^^

CB: Recall that the USSR was a MULTINATIONAL state too, before Europe or the Hardt-Negri thesis.