the NYC demos: a report

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Tue Feb 5 14:00:15 PST 2002

Charles Brown wrote:

> the NYC demos: a report
> Chuck Munson <chuck at tao.ca>
>
> One big movement is Leftover Leftism. A movement of movements and
> networks is much different and is what the international
> anti-globalization movements really are.
>
> ^^^^^^^^
>
> CB: Is this accurate history ? I can't think of one Left movement from the past that was not a group of movements converging. Can you name one ?

This is much different. See the Rand book on Net War and Zapatistas.

What greatly worries me is that many activists don't understand this, which makes them susceptible to calls to return to old forms of Leftism. The problem is activists drawing the wrong lessons about why the anti-globalization movement has been successful.

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"Chuck Munson isn't like other protestors."

-- CTV