bad nooz for Dems

Seth Ackerman sia at nyc.rr.com
Tue Feb 5 20:46:24 PST 2002

Ian Murray wrote:

> Given the proclivities of pollsters in the US to ask the electorate
> kindergarten level questions and gerrymander the regions of the
> country that they sample I'm not surprised in the least. Is anyone
> else on this list surprised?

I doesn't matter how the question is asked. Gallup has asked the same question, word for word, since 1945: "Do you [approve/disaprove] of the way President [name] is handling his job as President?" Bush's rating sets records.

And they don't gerrymander regions of the country.

So apparently, the credibility of the Republicans and Democrats, collectively, has not been damaged by Enron or anything else, at least in the eyes of the public.

So - and I ask this as someone who supported Ralph in 2000 -- what exactly did Nader accomplish?

Seth