bad nooz for Dems

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Tue Feb 5 21:20:55 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Seth Ackerman" <sia at nyc.rr.com>

I doesn't matter how the question is asked. Gallup has asked the same question, word for word, since 1945: "Do you [approve/disaprove] of the way President [name] is handling his job as President?" Bush's rating sets records.

As this question has no content it is extremely difficult to infer anything about how the US citizenry thinks of domestic/foreign affairs.

And they don't gerrymander regions of the country.

=================== May Gallup doesn't but others do. But you didn't specify the polling firm so I could only guess based on experiencing pollsters based in DC. Usual error caveats apply.

So apparently, the credibility of the Republicans and Democrats, collectively, has not been damaged by Enron or anything else, at least in the eyes of the public.

================ This homogenizes the US citizenry. We all know about 'the American attention span.'

So - and I ask this as someone who supported Ralph in 2000 -- what exactly did Nader accomplish?

Seth

============== He helped mobilize people disgusted with the Republicrats. What did you want him to do, win?

Ian