Fwd: Farrakhan Letter to the President

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Feb 6 13:09:31 PST 2002

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 12:26:23 -0500
> To: politics at polyconomics.com
> From: Jude Wanniski <jwanniski at polyconomics.com>
>
> [clip] You know, I think,
> that I believe Min. Farrakhan is the most important Muslim leader in the
> world, by virtue of the fact that he is an American and can best represent
> the concerns of the Islamic world to our government and the administration
> you serve.

On Sunday I attended a forum in which two leaders from the local Islamic community spoke on Islam. In the question period a member of the audience asked about the Nation of Islam. Both speakers simply said that the Nation of Islam was a wholly un-Islamic religion, a cult with no standing in the Islamic world. They also made a statement which I can neither verify nor challenge -- that the Nation of Islam had not more than 10,000 members at the most.

I don't know enough on this subject to have any opinon myself.

Carrol