bad nooz for Dems

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 6 15:22:20 PST 2002

Nathan Newman wrote:

>All I note is John Halle's typical abuse of anyone who disagrees with Green
>strategy. I don't go around attacking the integrity of Green advocates (some
>of them are my best friends), just their strategic choices.
>
>But the ability of many leftists to continually insult anyone who disagrees
>with or questions their strategy is why the left is so marginal.
>
>And the guy was opportunistic enough to call me asking me to help him on his
>election.

I feel your pain, Nathan - I think you're anything but a dishonest hack, and I don't approve of the attribution - but he rather convincingly refuted several of your major criticisms: the whitness of the Greens and their voters, the liberality of the Dems they've defeated, the effects on surviving Dems, the political profile of New Haven, etc. Soooo. just what's wrong with Greens running for City Council, anyway?

Doug