Eurodollar Statistics

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Feb 7 07:17:10 PST 2002

Jordan Hayes wrote:

> > > Do you mean the Euro currency?
>> >
>> > There's no such noun as "eurodollar" . . .
>>
>> Even more than a noun, it is money deposited and withdrawn from
>> banks! :-)
>
>So I stop getting mail about this, I KNOW WHAT EURODOLLARS ARE.
>
>But I stand by my claim; if you want to prove me wrong, please send
>me 12 eurodollars as soon as you can.
>
>Sheesh.
>
>/jordan

The Fed reports $223.7b of them in their latest count of M3 <http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/H6/Current/>. It's right there in the column heading. I'd send you some, but I don't have anything that qualifies as a deposit "held by U.S. residents at foreign branches of U.S. banks worldwide and at all banking offices in the United Kingdom and Canada."

Doug