Anti-Capitalist Week of Resistance to the War

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Thu Feb 7 09:21:40 PST 2002

Approved by the Anti-Capitalist Convergence - DC

MAKING RESISTANCE VISIBLE

On Feb. 8th after the sun goes down a new city will arise in the night. Will you join us?

As the United States wages a campaign of war and terror against Afghanistan and elsewhere and targets civil liberties here at home, the corporate controlled media would have us believe that all is fine within the walls of this country. Catch phrases such as "America United" flash from our TV screens as we are assulted with image upon image of flag waving patriots and vengeful politicians. The powers of babylon would have us believe that America is entirely devoid of any opposition to these atrocities. Yet, as we all must know - opposition is everywhere.

We are disgusted by the landscape that surrounds us. It is time transform this city, to transform this world. Since we live here, Washington DC must be our starting point. It is time for a concentrated effort to make our opposition and resistance visible. Imagine if you walked outside one day, and instead of seeing images of blind patriotism, war and greed you were met with images of a beautiful and creative resistance. Images of hope and our dreams for a better world. The seeds for a new world will be planted when we dig out the roots of the current one. We are calling for a worldwide effort to make this vision a reality. These acts will be in solidarity with the people rising up in Argentina and the thousands confronting the WEF coke party in NYC.

Everywhere we look is a potential canvas. Every bridge and overpass are just waiting for a banner to drop. Every lamp post is just waiting for wheatpaste and posters, or even to come down and block the road to demand the people stop, wake up and rise up. It is time to make it happen.

During the week of February 8-16 we are calling on people everywhere to began to saturate our cities and towns with evidence of our resistance and continue these actions long after the 16. Just as unlearning the lies of America is a lifelong process so is the resistance to those lies. Though the visual and physical transformation of our cities may start on the 8th in a concentrated way it can not end till the social make up is transformed as well. But by coming together in a concentrated effort we can make it that much harder to wash away our art, to take down our banners, to tear up our flyers, and to rebuild the pieces of institutions that have broke so many hearts and dreams themselves.

In the coming months, Washington DC will be alive with our messages of resistance. Join us everywhere in a collective escalation of opposition to capitalism, war and domination of any kind, and don't stop untill the whole bloody system is on it's knees!

Create alternatives. Destroy capitalism.

Don't get caught and never let anyone tell you the fight isn't worth it.

Anti-War Working Group Anti-Capitalist Convergence, Washington DC

(bottom of flyer) DO NOT TALK ABOUT PEACE UNTIL WE ARE FREE FROM THIS ECONOMIC SYSTEM THAT CREATES AND DEPENDS ON HOMELESSNESS, POVERTY, PRISONS, BORDERS, SLAVES, ECOLOGICAL AND POLITICAL IMPERIALISM, AND MURDER. DO NOT TALK ABOUT PEACE UNTIL WE ARE FREE FROM THIS ECONOMIC SYSTEM THAT ENCOURAGES SEXISM, RACISM, HOMOPHOBIA, ANOREXIA, AND RAPE. DO NOT TALK ABOUT PEACE UNTILWORLDWIDE CAPITALISM, GOVERNMENT, AND HIERARCHY ARE DESTROYED. DO NOT TALK ABOUT PEACE UNTILL YOU ARE READY TO BRING THE WAR HOME!

What can you do? Tell your best friends. Get them together and make plans in secret. Not in your house, not in your car, not on the internet and not on the phone. Tell no one of your plans except those you wish to act with. Walk around the city, and think about what angers you, what would you tear down? What would you put up? What do you want people to see on their way to work? While they are thinking about this world and the city they live in? What do you want them to know? To learn more about? About Capitalism? About the intentional communites we could be building instead? About the suffering people being devastated by the US in Afghanistan? About our civil liberties being trampled and ripped away from us? About liberation? About BREAKING FREE!!

www.abolishthebank.org

-- << Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"Chuck Munson isn't like other protestors."

-- CTV