bad nooz for Dems

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 09:16:00 PST 2002

> > Yup, Luke, you know that's me, the supporter of the guillotine and total
> > revolution now. I'm organizing a group called liberal democrats for the
> > immediate overthrow of everything. jks
>
>Well, if you're going to lament the glacial pace of change entailed by one
>path, I think it's only fitting that you propose another. The Greens don't
>seem plausible for reasons that have been articulated many times. What's
>your preferred course of action? Snickering about the progressive caucus
>may be fun, but it doesn't get anyone anywhere.
>
>-- Luke

I work in movement (nonpartisan) politics, unions caucuses, that sort of thing. I know that existing "revolutionary patrties" are a joke. I also know that the Democrats offer no, zero, zip, negative, hope of change. They do not offer a glacial pace of change. They are regressive. The Dems today are more conservative than the GOP in 1970. Also, they're scum. I don't care to work for them and be used like toilet paper anymore. Been there, done that. I don't have a magic bullet. If I did, I would not keep it a secret. Whatever the solution is, it's no more working for the Dems than it is joining the ISO,a lthough might get more done joining the ISO if you could make yourself believe what they want you to believe, if only because of the millenarian energy that it would give you. Besides, they're nicer people. jks