Eurodollar Statistics

Chris Beggy news at kippona.com
Thu Feb 7 12:16:52 PST 2002

Subject: Re: Eurodollar Statistics From: Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> To: chrisb at kippona.com Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:34:00 -0800 (PST)

> > Please send *me* 1200 dollars, and I'll fax you the increase of
> > 1200 eurodollars in my eurodollar account statement. Please
> > email me off line for the account and routing numbers.

Since you continued the negotiations, rather than ask for my account and routing number, I've posted my response. You will have a larger marketplace for your offer.

> How about if we swap 1200 of your "eurodollars" for 1200 of my
> "longdollars" or maybe even 1200 "primedollars" ...?

No thanks! I can't find a quoted interest rate for "longdollars" or "primedollars." I can't figure out an exchange rate for their conversion to eurodollars, so I don't know if 1/1 is a good deal. In addition, my broker doesn't have any securities that I can buy with "longdollars" or "primedollars" or that have coupon payments in "longdollars" or "primedollars."

> (get my point yet?)

Is it that you've gone up from asking for 12 eurodollars to asking for 1200 eurodollars in exchange for funny money? :-)

Chris