polygamy and homosexuality

dlawbailey dlawbailey at netzero.net
Fri Feb 8 04:41:00 PST 2002

Although I actively encourage a homosexual couple I know to go and get as married as they can do in the States (they have a baby) and I certainly cannot accept discrimintation against homosexuals, I remain unsure, as a political matter, about homosexual marriage.

I struggled for a long while to explain my misgivings but I finally hit on a formulation. All I need to feel completely comfortable about homosexual marriage in an American context is a coherent argument that makes the case: homosexual marriage - yes, polygamous marriage - no. I cannot, for my own part, find a way to express why a homosexual marriage between consenting adults is right but a polygamous marriage among consenting adults is wrong.

---------------------------------------------------- Sign Up for NetZero Platinum Today Only $9.95 per month! http://my.netzero.net/s/signup?r=platinum&refcd=PT97