Interview with Hardt; My two cents on P.A.

Patrick Bond pbond at wn.apc.org
Fri Feb 8 21:44:12 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Robert Redmond" <dredmond at efn.org>
> Billion Dollar Bill has discovered Charity.

Ah but in that sleazy way you'd expect. Like when he enters to the massive debate over life-saving Anti-Retroviral drugs here in Africa, he makes sure to join the team foiling all efforts to set up parallel-import routes to Thailand, Brazil and India, and even generic drug-production plants. The Aids projects that he's contributing to (e.g. in Botswana) are allegedly establishing parallel health systems outside the state system. (My book Against Global Apartheid has some gory details.)

Do you think this might have something to do with protecting intellectual property/patents?