MS's move into games

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Sat Feb 9 02:00:11 PST 2002

(note: was 'RE: Interview with Hardt; My two cents on P.A' but I couldn't see how MS's move into games had much to do with this directly, so I changed it to the above).

Dennis Robert Redmond wrote:

>They'll [MS] have a few hit games, >but they're just expanding other
people's >markets. To beat the Sony/Nintendo juggernaut, they have >to do something risky -- going >freeware on the gaming system, e.g. >Won't happen, because the MS cash >pile is $30 billion and Billion Dollar >Bill has discovered Charity.

Apparently a Korean company has beaten them to the market in getting an online games site up for the Japanese market. One of the Xbox's features is supposed to be capability to do online gaming. Or maybe that Korean site is part of the plan? Dunno.

Charles Jannuzi