polygamy

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Mon Feb 11 11:22:47 PST 2002

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Thomas Seay wrote:

> As regards this thread, I have not seen this much
> castration since I quit my job as a part-time stable
> boy in High School...the only difference in that case
> the horses were forcibly neutered. Here people seem
> self-motivated to do this to themselves. I have not
> seen so much kowtowing since I was last in Tibet...and
> I am seriously starting to doubt if some of you have
> gotten laid in the past 5 years.
>
> Is this the type of groveling one has to do to be a PC
> SNAG?

Ah yes, the ever popular "pussywhipped" rhetoric.

--"My wife and I have equal say in how the money is spent in our family".

"Are you whipped, boy?"

--"I can't stay and have another drink; I told my wife I'd be home to watch the kids."

"Are you whipped, boy?"

This has to be one of the most insidious forms of sexism: when a man supports or even tolerates the idea of gender equality and the validity of women's experience, other men call his "manliness" into question. Two consequences: male gender roles of control and autonomy are reinforced, and the social subjugation of women is perpetuated.

--And of course, Thomas can disregard this rant because I'm just trolling for dates from the "hip chicks" on the list.

Please.

Miles