Iran/Iraq

Micheal Ellis onyxmirr at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 12 00:12:08 PST 2002

>Thomas,
>
>I assume that a reason to include Iran in the "axis" would be because Iran
>is an alleged supporter of Hamas; and therefore a threat to our regional
>ally. The other (and more influential) reason to include Iran on the hit
>list probably has to do with Iran's potential to develop and deliver weapons
>of mass destruction. The CIA projected a few years ago that Iran could test
>an Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile or a Land Attack Cruise missile by
>2004. The testing of an ICBM or space launch vehicle could be around the
>corner. If these missiles technologies are developed they could certainly
>represent a direct military threat to the US global hegemony. The "war on
>terrorism" is probably the best excuse that the US has had in years to take
>out the Iranian WMD infrastructure.
>
>Nevertheless, I think you are right that it does not make sense to open up
>two fronts right next to one another.

it wouldn't be "two fronts" if you look at the map Iraq and Iran are surrounded by U.S client states. so Iran would only threaten global hegemony at their own destruction. strategically one could take that whole region to be one target. the arguements for targeting Iran were already being talked about on 9/11 itself, former secretary of state Lawarence Eagleburger making his rounds on every 'news" show went on and on about his clean sweep of all potential targets strategy "suggestions". Iran has already come out and warned against strikes on Iraq so it's useless to try to isolate iran, or even appear to. given that it is the stated objective from what we can discern to isolate potential targets 1 by 1, infact this demonstrates that either operation clean sweep is in effect or it's just a matter of employing the nixon strategy of appearing as a madman as no one would fear a reasonable person.

for awhile i tended to think operation: clean sweep is in effect especially after the Peres visit to India but now it appears more like operation: Fear the Lunatic

still it's hard to say for certain but i think that's the whole point...... including iran in the axis of evil is just a means to give the gaurdian council more reasons to step up their suppression of the democratic reform movement, a movement that the U.S. is claimin is "pro western" but isn't. the real threat to U.S. hegemony that Iran presents is democracy occuring only after the U.S. was kicked out. which might present some sort of example for future revolutions in other arab states.

at least that's the way i see it

~M.E.