warning!

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 20:23:48 PST 2002

>On the other hand, it is really hard to keep a 50 year war bubbling when
>there is no visible enemy to fight against.
>
>Carrol

Why not Iran? Today the Trib had a picture of President Khameni identifying him as "the supreme leader," although he was elected through a process that actually awarded the presidency to the winner of the majority vote, unlike some countries I can think of, where the president is appointed by the Supreme Court, and the Sun Times, under its 9/11 heading "America Strikes Back," captioned the photo "President Khameni (at least acknowleding that) rants against America." Of course if Iran had recentlty flattened Canada and listed the US as a memberof the "axis of evil," Bush might be ranting too.

jks