FW: Polygamy [ASDnet] Question for women

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Feb 13 09:39:54 PST 2002

At 09:23 AM 2/13/02 -0800, Jordan Hayes wrote:

>Part of the problem with the original post is that it's "loaded" (no
>pun intended) because the object is a gun; substitute something equally
>(or moreso) dangerous but less of a hot-button and you might get a more
>understanding response. Those of you who drive motorcycles might
>understand this, as well as those who climb rock walls or fly
>airplanes.
>
>/jordan

heh. there's some great stuff out there about how love is really about the fight/flight response. heh. we fall in love most deeply when we're a little on the edge, not horrified or completley afraid, just slightly. as in your examples. haven't read it in a long time, so i won't vouch for how sound it is. as i recall it's a bit old, over 2 decades, so it is probably quite biases.

otherwise, i absolutely agree. I stopped bothered to try to figure out who was saying what when it was clear that Eric Kirk as a real problem with guns, but likely not a lot of other things that are ooooooooooooo scary.

I mean, I find some of these rightwingers pretty repulsive and scary, but eric and others around here sure like to do a lot of right sniffing. why is that???? :p

kelley