An ugly Canadian -Re:lbo-talk-digest V1 #5680

paul childs npchilds at connect.ab.ca
Tue Feb 12 19:43:56 PST 2002

>the canadians should've won (which is not a defensible >position)

I'm going to stray from the stereotype of the polite, deferential Canadian for a minute here and ask; what the hell does this mean?

I don't even think figure skating belongs in the Olympics as a sport (and don't get me started on 'ice dancing', another cesspool) and I was appalled at the decision Monday night.

In a sport rife with block voting, petty nationalism and self serving agendae, the position that the Canadians won is certainly defensible, especially when their routine was, by all accounts, and by close observation, more free of error than the Russian routine.

And besides, it's kinda nice to hear 'Murricans taking pity on someone other than themselves for a change.

But what do I know? I figure if you can skate well, you play hockey.

PC

http://netwinsite.com/dbabble/