An ugly Canadian -Re:lbo-talk-digest V1 #5680

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Wed Feb 13 10:23:49 PST 2002

paul childs wrote:
>>the canadians should've won (which is not a defensible >position)
>
> I'm going to stray from the stereotype of the polite, deferential Canadian for
> a minute here and ask; what the hell does this mean?

thats impolite? you haven't strayed far! ;-) your impoliteness is quite justified. i accepted blame in another message: the above line is supposed to read "which is a defensible position"!

> But what do I know? I figure if you can skate well, you play hockey.

i thought if you could beat other white guys up well you play ice hockey (i presume you meant ice hockey)? ;-)

--ravi, over quota :-( (s/n for the day: 0, apologies to all)