lbo-talk-digest V1 #5682

Daniel Davies dsquared at al-islam.com
Wed Feb 13 10:09:58 PST 2002

>Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:57:02 -0800 (PST)
>From: Thomas Seay
>Subject: Re: FW: Polygamy [ASDnet] Question for women

>Christopher, I think the guy is exaggerating. HOWEVER,
>there is a certain percentage (notice I am not saying
>ALL)of women who do go for the BAD BOY type. I have
>friends- nice guys, very very super kind, sensitive,
>and not bad looking- and some of them have not gotten
>a date in years (despite trying). Then I know real
>creeps- the kind that freeload off of women, and are
>real assholes in general- they have women falling all
>over them.

>Now, what's up with that?

allow me to essay an explanation my friend (as the possessor of no guns, no motorbike, but a certain je ne said quoi "bad boy" attitude, a foul mouth and a little bit of attractice scar tissue around the knuckles).

The explanation has much less to do with cavemen or halfwitted sociobiological theories than you think. I would suggest it is as follows:

Nine times out of ten, whenever I hear the words "I am really kind to women, super sensitive and not bad looking, why can't I get a date when all these assholes can", a quick glance at the person saying it reveals that the reason they cannot get a date is that they are a whining, passive aggressive shite who can't get a date because he's too wrapped up in himself. It's often worth reminding people that "sensitive" people are "sensitive" to the feelings of other people, and are almost always very popular as a result. Someone who is only "sensitive" in the sense of being mortally wounded by slights against themselves, is known as "a selfish little whiner".

So that's that half of the conundrum dealt with.

And as is so often the case in matters logical, solving the easy half helps us with the difficult half. Oft-times, women like men who are freeloaders, uncouth, bad at housework, and yes, indeed, even sometimes violent, for the simple reason that they are often basically nice people. People who have a realistic opinion of their own worth, and who don't demand to be praised every fucking second of the day for being so "nice". Emotionally needy people need to be really quite amazing in other ways to not be a total pain in the ass; otherwise, they suck the life out of you faster than German accounting principles.

happy to help etc.

Un-PC enough for ya?

and while we're at it ....

>fuck you and the camel who rode in on you!
>See, you're not the only one who can be foul-mouthed
>on the list;)

If it's pissing contests you're after, you still haven't come up with anything to match my record of five feet nine inches, achieved against the back wall of Exeter College Oxford. Put up or shut up matey.

la la la can't hear you

dd