warning!

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Wed Feb 13 22:47:30 PST 2002

Justin Schwartz wrote:

> >On the other hand, it is really hard to keep a 50 year war bubbling when
> >there is no visible enemy to fight against.
> >
> >Carrol
>
> Why not Iran? Today the Trib had a picture of President Khameni identifying
> him as "the supreme leader," although he was elected through a process that
> actually awarded the presidency to the winner of the majority vote, unlike
> some countries I can think of, where the president is appointed by the
> Supreme Court, and the Sun Times, under its 9/11 heading "America Strikes
> Back," captioned the photo "President Khameni (at least acknowleding that)
> rants against America." Of course if Iran had recentlty flattened Canada and
> listed the US as a memberof the "axis of evil," Bush might be ranting too.

The American Empire will continue to manufacture enemies and bugaboos as long as it needs to justify military spending which covertly props up capitalism.

First it was the communist threat, then drugs, then Osama, and now the Axis of Evil.

Hope you don't get any teddy bears for VD!

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)