IN defense of curling

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 10:02:27 PST 2002

--- Will Thurber <wthurber at taro.bus.BrockU.CA> wrote:

> I am a recent curling addict, it is more like NFL
> football with the breaks
> between actions while hte teams conside ther next
> move.

Come on already! Comparing Curling with the NFL is stretching it a bit, isn't it? First of all, is there any chance of getting injured in Curling...unless you trip over the broom? Does it take a great amount of strength? Does it take stamina? If they are going to allow this, then they definitely need to add shuffleboard to the Summer Olympics. Frankly I see little difference between shuffleboard and curling.

Of course, if you enjoy it, then more power to you. A chacun son gout!

So the action in
> curling can be, dare I
> say - downright thrilling.

Right...I was on the edge of my seat yesterday. Here I was at home from work, hoping to see Hockey, downhill skiing, speed skating...what did I get instead...curling.

Besides, what's not to
> like about womens
> curling. A sport in which a bunch of women can be
> heard screaming,
> "Hurry!! Hurry harder!! Harder!! HARDER!! Usually
> followed by a meek,
> There. Thats great. Thanks!" :-) To tie into
> another thread bad girls
> = women curlers.

Oh my...no comment...I dont want to get into any more fights over that one.

Anyway, I know this thread has nothing to do with politics so, having vented on curling, I will drop the subject.

Sorry,

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx