Christian anti-Semitism & Replacement Theology

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema crdbronx at erols.com
Sun Feb 17 11:46:35 PST 2002

This kind of thing is absurd, of course, and, does, obviously, smack of Christian anti-Semitism --

[snip] " The first is the Anglican Bishop of Jerusalem, Riah Abu El-Assal, a Palestinian who is intemperate in his attacks on Israel. ‘We interviewed Bishop Riah after some terrorist outrage in Israel,’ says Colin Blakely, ‘and his line was that it was all the fault of the Jews. I was astounded.’

The bishop also has an astounding interpretation of the Old Testament. Last December, he claimed of Palestinian Christians, ‘We are the true Israel ...no one can deny me the right to inherit the promises, and after all the promises were first given to Abraham and Abraham is never spoken of in the Bible as a Jew.... He is the father of the faithful.’ " [snip]

Obviously one must oppose this. However, the problem is that this modern Palestinian tendency to claim ancient Hebrew ancestry is just as much an absurdity as the Zionist claim that modern Jews ought to have a claim to the territory on the basis of the Hebrew Bible as title deed.

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema