I will not be pushed, filed, indexed...

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Feb 18 14:27:14 PST 2002

At 04:52 PM 2/18/02 -0500, Peter J. Schledorn wrote:
>On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Kelley wrote:
>
> > http://www.searchengineworld.com/opera/operawavs/failure/willnot.wav
> >
> > anyone remember what film this line is from. there's a bunch of other
> > good ones at the site, but you've got to scroll around.
>
>"The Prisoner", cult TV show from the late 60s. I caught the first
>American airing. That's Patrick McGoohan speaking.
>
>Best,
>Peter

hee. I can't divulge our trade secrets as to why we're interested in weird sound files, but I asked Chief Exploiter Ordinaire (my boss and CEO, or exploiter, as I usually call 'im. Shoulda heard him the day I said, during a convo about who we were going to hire. I said, "Yeah, you exploit people. That's your job." He replied: What? I EXPLOIT you? WHAT?!! i explained, adam smith and marx, etc. "OH," he said, "and starting going off about Ricardo and Classical Econ arguments. Sheesh). Anyway, when I asked if he knew what the source of the quote was, he replied:

>You are Soooooooooo young.
>
>That is NOT from a movie!
>IT's from a TV show starring Patrick McGooan called the "Prisoner". He is
>a spy who suddenly quits spying and is whisked off to this "village" where
>really weird shit happens. He is recalcitrant, and they try to break him.
>Psycho-thriller stuff... weekly...
>
>Hey I knew something you didn't!

kelley