Selfish genes & population demographics

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Tue Feb 19 09:44:59 PST 2002

Idea 1: Culture is bigger than nature. Concentrating capital (by having fewer children) is more important than broadcasting genes (by having lots of children).

Idea 2: Culture is bigger than nature. Having lots of children is a working class/ethnic thing. Having few is a sign of "class".

Idea 3: Rich women do not want to be perceived as heifers but as perfect objects. Childbirth "ruins" your figure....and sometimes your sex life.

Joanna