I feel so cheap

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Tue Feb 19 15:36:41 PST 2002

At 06:08 PM 2/19/02 -0500, Gordon Fitch wrote:
>Gordon Fitch wrote:
> > >Well, it was you who matched them.
>
>Kelley:
> > that's what a smiley is for gordon: to indicate i was joking.
>
>And humor isn't serious?

the analogy was gendered in an unsual way in my joke. that's how humor works. i was mokcing the role i'm in as compared to my politics.

you could have turned it around most accurately by likening it to the men who want women to get all dressed up, take care of themselves by working out like fiends, wear makeup, etc. so they have something nice to look at when selecting them to do the (blow) job. it is no accident that there are probably just as many "how to find a man" books as there are "how to find a job" books.

kelley