I feel so cheap

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Wed Feb 20 07:58:50 PST 2002

Gordon Fitch wrote:
> [...]

Kelley:

Gordon Fitch wrote:
> >And humor isn't serious?

Kelley:
> the analogy was gendered in an unsual way in my joke. that's how humor
> works. i was mokcing the role i'm in as compared to my politics.
>
> you could have turned it around most accurately by likening it to the men
> who want women to get all dressed up, take care of themselves by working
> out like fiends, wear makeup, etc. so they have something nice to look at
> when selecting them to do the (blow) job. it is no accident that there are
> probably just as many "how to find a man" books as there are "how to find a
> job" books.

Yeah, but I wanted to turn it around differently. You know how cranky I am. I wanted to try to figure out what was eating the two men (no pun intended). After all, their behaviors seem counterproductive. If they're supposed to be opaque bad guys, like Hakki's fascisti, let me know.

-- Gordon