Fascism

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Wed Feb 20 11:28:37 PST 2002

Greg: Sorry Tahir but the depths of the current situation have to be plumbed, that is the gound of analysis not an abstract measure of anything. Call it fascism, barabarism, whatever, but what we are in is bad and it is getting badder.

^^^^^^^^

CB: To me this is the main point, Greg. And whatever we call it , it must be something that stirs people to action to put a stop to it. The analytical problem of exactly what fascism is is overshadowed by the need to get people to oppose it. " The New Nazism" has a shock value that "fascism" does not to me. The reason fascism is so bad is because of the Nazis. If fascism had just been the Italian version, it wouldn't be world historically horrific.

As to the classes, the only class whose real interests are served by the current Bush Nazism is the big, big bourgeoisie. American "middle class" interests are not helped by the attack on Afghanistan or threat of war on Iraq, et al. That pretty much demonstrates the class content of the current U.S. barbarism.