O'Neill: "WB has driven poor countries into a ditch"

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 22 04:06:25 PST 2002

Doug said:

>Vikash Yadav wrote:
>
> >Below is a very similar article by the New York Times on O'Neill's
> >statement... It does appear that this "international compassionate
> >conservatism" is really a devious plan to destroy the World Bank.
>
>And that's bad?
>
>Doug

What would the US get out of doing such a thing as destroying or weakening the WB? Or is the whole thing intended as a sop to the poor countries to put/keep them on side with the US?

Apropos of our Bonapartism/Nazism/US thread: thanks for posting that stuff, Chip. Good reading so far.

Todd

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx