O'Neill: "WB has driven poor countries into a ditch"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Feb 22 08:11:07 PST 2002

Todd Archer wrote:

>What would the US get out of doing such a thing as destroying or
>weakening the WB?

Nothing, as far as I can tell - it makes no sense from an empire-management perspective. That's why I was saying that a smooth clever bourgeois like Stanley Fischer has a much better sense of how crucial state power is to maintaining and expanding the rule of capital than do the ideological hacks in the Bush admin. Maybe I'm missing something though.

Doug