La France n'exite pas

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Sat Feb 23 16:29:21 PST 2002

At 01:36 AM 02/23/2002 -0500, Dennis Redmond wrote:
>Dig deeper past the L'Oreal and Luc Besson, and there's plenty of good
>stuff: MC Solaar ("Qui Seme La Vent Recolte le Tempo") and A.S.
>("Incontrolable") are kickass hip hop, scoping on US beats and
>African-French motifs. French media culture has been lively: "La Haine",
>"Wild Reeds", the cast members of Kieslowski's "Tricoleur".

OK. I trust you. Actually, I did see one good French movie in the last thirty years, it was about a young boy who helps an immigrant family -- coming into conflict with his father (who traffics in illegal immigrants)...but I just can't think of the title.

Will have to look up Wild Reeds and Haine.

Joanna