WSWS on Daniel Pearl

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Feb 24 12:21:13 PST 2002

Just did a google. Keywords, "CIA Journalists Executive Order, " got two pieces from the always overinformed Mario Profaca. Look 'em up! After the Pike committee hearings in the House of Reptiles, I mean Representatives, that Daniel Schorr leaked the Committee Report to the Village Voice, the Carl Bernstein piece in Rolling Stone in '75 or '76 on the CIA and journalists, etc. Carter signed an Executive Order banning the use of journos by the Company. Not that I think they haven't continued. But, it is NOT policy anymore. Michael Pugliese