Robert Fisk

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 3 23:11:28 PST 2002

>--- Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote:
>> Ravi says:
>>
>> >the acts of a
>> >white lynch mob going after a black man in the deep
>> south is
>> >significantly different from an opressed afghani
>> mob going after
>> >an innocent white man.
>>
>> Had Robert Fisk been a black man in the South
>> assaulted by a white
>> lynch mob, he would not have likely lived to write
> > an article, as
>
>This list gets sicker as time goes on.
>If Robert Fisk had been killed, Yoshie et al would be
>cheering the action as a blow to Western imperialism.
>
>Thomas

I don't expect you, Brad, & Luke to respond to an attack on your person by a mob of the oppressed in the manner that Robert Fisk did, if you find yourself in a like situation. You are entitled to your own feelings. It seems to me, however, that there is no reason you should act as if you were cheated just because Fisk didn't respond in a way you think he should, e.g., equating an Afghan mob with a mob of white supremacists. What's the beef, really? -- Yoshie