Covering Dissent Re: B-52 Bombers, a Long Time Ago...

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 4 17:34:23 PST 2002

>From: "Nathan Newman" <nathan at newman.org>
>
>And "No" can be an incredibly sectarian, narrow slogan for those demanding
>more in their lives, such as the victims of mass murder who see "No" as
>spitting on their families graves.

Yet, "no" is a necessary response. If history is a nightmare from which we're trying to awake, it is in large part because of reflexive recourse to eye-for-an-eye justice. Inevitably, avenging the deaths of innocents through military might causes the deaths of more innocents, engenders new grievances that require retribution -- whether immediately or in generations to come -- and provides a pretext that serves the power lust of corrupt elites. At some point, we have to get off that merry-go-round from hell.

Carl