Anarchist website targets Christians

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 18:06:42 PST 2002

--- Chuck Grimes <cgrimes at rawbw.com> wrote:
> ------------
>
> No shit? Amazing. Right here in Sodom? Or do you
> live south, nearer to
> Thou, in the land of the faithful?

I live in Sodom...San Francisco Bay Area....however this was in Cyber-space and the physical location of my Christian Inquisitor was Indiana.

> But listen, you should have taken her advice. Read
> the Bible, daily. I
> try to. It is an amazing piece of cruel, pityless,
> imperialistic,
> racist, sexist, homophopic hate mongering.

I would agree with you...at least about the Old Testament. About the person, Jesus, seems to be an ok sort but when you have a salesman like Paul (and then the Church that followed) it's hard to maintain a good image!

If I remember correctly, it was while writing Anna Karenina that Tolstoy became interested in religion and converted to Christianity a few years later. I find his reading of Jesus' message to be quite interesting (and dramatically different from the fundamentalists who wanted to see me in prison) and I read his short story about avarice,"How much land does a man need", to my daughter.

Anyway, thanks for the quote from "Anna Karenina".

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx