manna for conspiracists

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 8 15:26:54 PST 2002

Hakki Alacakaptan wrote:

>More great logic: If it's on CNN, it can't be a conspiracy. CNN also
>reported the Unocal story, even mentioning Unocal Veep John Maresca's
>testimony before the house subcomittee on Asia and the Pacific in 1998. But
>it left out the juciest parts and ended the story with: "So the idea that
>oil is now driving this war is totally unrealistic. It would be more
>sensible to be considering a pipeline on the moon."

Lemme see if I have this straight. The war on Afg has nothing to do with 9/11 - it's all about oil. Either: 1) 9/11 doesn't matter, or 2) Bush arranged it as a pretext for the war. Is there a third option?

Doug --

Doug Henwood Left Business Observer Village Station - PO Box 953 New York NY 10014-0704 USA +1-212-741-9852 voice +1-212-807-9152 fax email: <mailto:dhenwood at panix.com> web: <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com>