Up and down the road to a big anti-war movement

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Fri Jan 11 07:41:19 PST 2002

Up and down the road to a big anti-war movement

"Joe R. Golowka" <joeG at ieee.org>

> CB: How is it that the anti-glob movement is successful ? Don't we still
have glob ?

We stopped MAI, shut down the WTO meeting in Seattle (thereby delaying the newest GATT), stopped water privitization in Bolivia, disrupted the IMF meetings in Prague, and overthrew the Argentine government several times among other things. We still have a long ways to go, but we have had victories.

%%%%%%%

CB: The war started 90 days ago. How much had the anti-glob movement accomplished 90 days into glob ?

I support and hail the anti-glob movement, but I don't think the organizers of it have done so much that they can start criticizing the anti-war movement 90 days into the war, which is what was going on on this thread. What anti-globers should be doing is expressing solidarity with the anti-war movement, not bragging about how much better they are at organizing than the anti-war organizers.