Up and down the road to a big anti-war movement

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Fri Jan 11 12:48:11 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Sawicky" <sawicky at bellatlantic.net> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 12:21 PM Subject: RE: Up and down the road to a big anti-war movement

> Just pretend Afghanistan needs more or less what any other
> poor screwed up country needs, only more so because of
> a) the damage wrought by two decades of war; and b) the
> obligation of the U.S. to compensate the innocent for the
> costs of its military mission.

And how do you keep the money from going to the top 15% of the populace and setting off yet another iteration of the kinds of failed states that we've seen over the last 30 years?