Ratner on international law

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Sat Jan 12 22:32:12 PST 2002

Dennis wrote:

> FAIR's first NY office was in that building -- a room and a half in 1986
> dedicated to fighting corporate media. I was there; I saw it. An intense
> atmosphere, and inspiring.

Nothing about the history of the building at 666 and its tenants, but in the meantime here's a nifty link I've perused before:

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/

The main page above would no doubt be interesting for New Yorkophiles. Here's an especially topical link for this list (with photos):

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/STREET%20SCENES/morgan/morgan.html

"On September 16, 1920, person or persons unknown exploded a bomb in front of 23 Wall Street, then as now the offices of J.P. Morgan Inc., causing 400 injuries, some of them horrific, and 33 deaths (...) A single warning had come in the form of a note placed in a mailbox at Cedar Street and Broadway just before the blast - 'Remember we will not tolerate any longer. Free the political prisoners or it will be sure death for all of you. American Anarchists Fighters.'"

--

/ dave /