Up and down the road to a big anti-war movement

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Wed Jan 16 09:53:59 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Munson" <chuck at tao.ca>

Nathan Newman wrote:
>You spend too much time believing the corporate media accounts of the
>protests. There is strategic coherence to these tactics. I know some of
>the folks that do this stuff and I can say that they are more principled
>and disciplined than most protestors.

Chuck, you don't speak for the movement, despite your rhetoric, and you weren't the only one at these protests. I met you down in DC and when I was there, the Black Bloc folks came by our corner and indsicrimiantely started fucking with private cars parked on the street and tried to set them on fire. That ain't corporate property.

Sure, they hit Starbucks and McDonalds. They also have hit small shops along the way at most of the protests.

-- Nathan Newman