Krugman: Crony Capitalism, U.S.A.

Chris Beggy news at kippona.com
Thu Jan 17 14:54:10 PST 2002

"Vikash Yadav" <vikash1 at ssc.upenn.edu> writes:

> Max,
>
> Hi. Most of my knowledge of Enron scam is based on reading newspaper
> articles in the Hindu (Madras), and the Financial Express (New Delhi). I
> think many of the articles are available through Lexis-Nexis (and Google
> Advance Search - enter name "Dabhol" and Financial Express).

For those who don't have access to those newspapers, here's a link to some online information:

http://www.altindia.net/enron/

The ups and downs of Enron and the Dabhol power plant have been regularly mentioned by Reuters reports on Yahoo as well. Before the blowup of the offshore trusts, investors and credit rating agencies were very concerned about Dahbol, bandwidth trading, and the public water business.

Chris