new global juridical forms

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Thu Jan 17 22:11:57 PST 2002

Chris B:
>Two major areas of controversy >this week confirm the prediction at >the
beginning of "Empire" that >new juridical forms for a global >capitalist system, are at stake.

I remember that, when the GATT became a real organization, the WTO, the Japanese placed high hopes on it precisely because they had grown very tired of the unilateral trade talks (the Americans called them 'bilateral') they were always being forced into by the US. I predicted that the US would start losing WTO cases if the WTO stuck to the expressed principles and not US interests (and the related trade quotas, dumping charges, etc. although the WTO hasn't, as far as I know, concerned itself with currency manipulation, which the US gov't has mastered).

In this case, I think the Empire book didn't predict anything. It almost makes me cheer for Empire against the US.

>Blair is having to squirm even more >lithely than usual to
>maintain loyalty to the USA and a >global vision of a New Empire, run >by
himself and Gordon Brown.

Don't tell me, either Blair is a lickspittle or he is the anti-Christ.

Charles Jannuzi