"Central "Planning is really Holistic Planning.

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 20 09:45:32 PST 2002

> And you don't see that as a problem? If everyone is
> responsible, is
> anyone? No division of labor in your utopia? No
> mechanism of
> authority with accountability? When I hear things
> like this, I think
> of Nancy Folbre's critique of the Albert/Hahnel
> parecon model - it's
> a vision of life as one long student council
> meeting.

Although I tend to support the notion of "direct democracy" this is an issue, isn't it? Does direct democracy mean that, on the one hand, we would reduce the hours of necessary labor, only to fill the remaining hours up with "meetings"? I dont know, but it is a question worth considering.

Anyone have any thoughts on this question?

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx