RES: Who Does No Work, Shall Not Eat

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Sun Jan 20 16:51:18 PST 2002

-----Mensagem original----- De: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]Em nome de Chuck0 Enviada em: domingo, 20 de janeiro de 2002 18:54 Para: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Assunto: Re: Who Does No Work, Shall Not Eat

ravi wrote:

> given the pro-industrial pro-modern-world position of most of the posts
> on this thread (a kind of russellian pooh-pooh'ing of primitivism?) i am
> curious about what folks think about bodley's work on tribal people (for
> eg his interesting book: victims of progress) who, if he is to be
> believed, lived a life without these factories and fancy medical
> devices, that seem to be inalienable, in a sustainable manner.

Let me add that one of the most important medical advances in the 20th century was simply better sanitation.

<< Chuck0 >>

-Yes, but you life would be much worse for many people withouth "unimportant" -things like antibiotics, cancer therapy or anesthesia, just to mention a few.... -A few years ago I had chronic otitis an was submitted to surgery and therapy -with antibiotics, I had a reasonable chance of dying was I in a wonderful -pre industrial society and many of you probably already were in similar situations....

Alexandre Fenelon