Who Does No Work, Shall Not Eat

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jan 21 18:21:26 PST 2002

ravi wrote:

> so what about the benefits that high tech brings? lot of folks are
> responding with examples of how their own lives were saved by high tech
> medical equipment... how do you address that?

I haven't had time to read many posts today so I haven't seen those examples. But both my broken hip in 1990 and my broken wrist last year would have been at best totally crippling and probably fatal without a good deal of high tech medicine. And I presume ice exists even in utopia. I can remember in thd '40s and '50s of this century when most older people who broke a hip died.

Carrol