Who Does No Work, Shall Not Eat

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Jan 20 22:27:11 PST 2002

Chuck0 mentions Food Not Bombs. Living in the Tenderloin in S.F. their soup give away in the Civic Center around 6 p.m. gets a bit of an audience if the hungry homeless miss the earlier line at Glide Memorial.(Of which, more in a second.) I've known folks that have gotten sick because the food was not refridgerated. Stored in someone's garage.Keith McHenry is a great guy who was a founder of FnB so I don't blame him. (Heard he was working in Phoenix for Goodwill.)Back in the early 90's esp. the were big protests to defend FnB from the SFPD which then and later would periodically arrest the FnB folks over a lack of the proper permits that all other non-profits/soup kitchens have as a matter of course. Which FnB refuses, out of anarchist principle, to apply for. I've always suspected that the food handling problem is part of their stubborn refusal. Plus the agit-prop value of the periodic police harassment.

Glide, is connected, mondo, to Senator Feinstein, his Willieness nd other pols. For each meal they are reimbursed $8.00. I've eaten there. The quality at a Burger King is better. And I hate BK. Michael Pugliese